Are you an experienced Audit Manager or Audit Team Leader seeking a new position?
Are you looking for a competitive benefits package and clear progression opportunity?
We are currently looking for an Audit Manager to join our A Team.
You will be joining an multi award-winning firm based in the heart of the City of London. Awards won include individual Best UK Small Accounting firm, Best UK Employer and Best Greater London Small Accounting Firm all at the British Accountancy Awards, and the equally prestigious Best Single Office Tax Firm of the Year at the Tolley’s Taxation Awards.
We provide audit, accountancy and tax planning services to more than 500 SME Business Clients, professional practices, trade associations and charities. Our aim is always to add real value to your business or organisation. For a small firm we are ‘top heavy’ with over 200 audits and more than 30 clients with turnover over £30m. We are proud to part of the founding members of the Xeinadin Group.
As Audit Manager you will be a crucial member of the audit department. You will be responsible for servicing clients, directing all assurance services delivered, and managing our people. We are very passionate about the development of our team and there is a huge potential for future career progression.
As an Audit Manager, your typical daily duties will include:
- Maintain and develop technical ability by attending webinars, keeping abreast of technical development and being able to present own research on technically challenging aspects;
- Being the point of reference for the audit team in terms of technical queries;
- Tailoring the audit approach based on the risk assessment of the clients;
- Guiding the audit team to perform work which will address these risks and support the RI in coming to an audit opinion;
- Work closely with the RI in the planning and conduct of audit assignments discussing findings;
- Ensure that files presented for RI review address the risks identified at planning and any emerging risks encountered during the fieldwork;
- Lead, manage, develop and coach an effective audit team;
- Provide timely and constructive feedback on jobs performed;
- Manage client relationships and be an ambassador for the firm;
- Keep the RI informed of any issues that arise with the client;
- Identify opportunities; think strategically by understanding the client’s needs, their business and key risks;
- People management responsibilities covering resource planning and allocation, performance management, training and recommendations for promotion;
- Review and assess WIP regularly and address overruns as they occur;
- Raise bills regularly and prompt the partner for interim billing when appropriate
- Be approachable to members of the audit team
- Clearly explain audit testing and technical points to the audit team
- Lead by example and instil a sense of professionalism in the audit team
- Manage the fieldwork team, allocating the appropriate level of work to more junior members of staff
- Provide timely and constructive feedback to the audit fieldwork team
- Maintain objectivity, professionalism and independence in client relationship
- Discuss difficult/contentious matters with the client directly on-site
- Be an integral member of the audit group by participating in group activities
- Support less experienced members of the team as required
- A competitive market salary
- Annual Holiday entitlement of 23 working days (plus the normal bank holidays)
- A modern, relaxed and friendly work environment
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Other benefits such as Perkbox
To apply for this vacancy, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org